D'Nash International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mikel interview for UK magazine

3 posters

Go down

Mikel interview for UK magazine Empty Mikel interview for UK magazine

Post  Monikute Sat 11 Jul 2009, 08:43

This interview was posted in official forum by Danielle. Big thanks to her for her big job and this interview! :love:

Enjoy:
1. Out of all the cities in the world, why did you choose to set your latest video 'Amanda' in London?
Actually it was an idea of the video production company, we thought it was a very nice, modern, international city and since the very first moment, we loved the idea.

2. What do you think of today's music industry? Good or bad?
It depends on the country. Spain is in a really bad moment right now, it is really difficult to get into the industry because there are no music programs on tv and there is only one radio that leads the country.

3. For the people who don't already know, please can you explain how you met and formed the band, what NASH stands for and how it changed to D'Nash?
We all met in Madrid, Basty and I met in a drama school and a friend of ours introduced us to Javi and Ony. We thought it was a good idea to pick a letter of the alphabet that was important for us, and that is how NASH came out. We had some problems after a year and a half of work with the registration of the name and that is why we changed it.

4. You're very lucky to have such a big following of fans all over the world which many artists do not have, how do you feel about other cultures appreciating your music as much as your Spanish fans do?
This is something we still don’t realize. It is amazing to receive tons of letters every week from all around the world (we read every single one of them). It is something every artist dreams of, without all your support it would be impossible to keep on working in this industry. Thanks so much for your support we hope to be able to see you all in person soon.

5. If you could give a message to your UK fans, what would you say to them?
For me, it is really amazing to feel the support of UK fans, because UK not so long ago, was my home, I am so thankful to all of you. We are trying hard with people over there (thanks Danielle) to fly to UK soon.

6. To Mikel: Why did you choose to study in Southampton rather than Spain?

I studied in a British school in Tenerife called British Yeoward School. My brother and sister did their degrees in England so I always had the feeling of going. I applied to many Universities in UK and Southampton was the one I was more interested in going, I had an amazing time over there.

7. How did it feel to have the opportunity to perform in Malta?
We love going abroad, so everytime we have the opportunity we always insist in going. Malta was an amazing experience in every sense and we are looking forward in going again.
8. Are there any plans to release some songs in English for your InterNASHional fans?
We have it in mind, specially myself, haha we will try hard for the next album, I hope we can give you all some nice surprises. It is one of our dreams.

9. Where do you see yourselves in 5 years time?
Hopefully being a well known group, touring world wide every year.

10. How do you feel when you're on stage performing, or greeted by fans who are so happy to see you?
It is the best experience in the world. Being able to see people that appreciate your music, cry, laugh, smile is something really difficult to explain. We really hope we can still count with every single person of our fans, because without them DNASH will obviously disappear. Every time we have the opportunity to speak, hug or kiss our fans we always do it, because they deserve it all.

11. Which of your songs means the most to you and why?
I think obviously CAPAZ DE TODO was the start of our career, I LOVE YOU MI VIDA was when DNASH really grew worldwide but from our latest album I think EN MEDIO DE LA CALLE.

12. You also write some of your own songs, what inspires you to think of the lyrics?
We always write them together, we think of our own experiences or experiences of people near us.

13. Do you prefer your first or second album, and why?
We prefer the second album, although both of them have been our “sons” but in TODO VA A CAMBIAR we were part of the production, we got more involved in every sense. Our third album, we hope, will be even more “us”.

14. All: From The Album Todo Va A Cambiar What Is Your Favourite Song And Why?
UNA VIDA MAS because we wrote it together in a very special moment, and it has a really happy and positive messege.

15. All: What is Your Favourite Food?
Haha we absolutely love food, Basty loves pizza, Javi always eats chicken and I don’t care because food is always lovely, specially when you are hungry!

16. All: What Makes You Laugh?
Javi, haha he is one of the best joke tellers in the world.

17. All: If You Have Friends Coming For Supper What Would You Cook?
I think we will all take our friends to a restaurant, right now we don’t have much time to be in the kitchen.

18. What did you want to be when you were younger and why? Did you all want to be famous?
We all knew since we were very young that we wanted to work in this job. I have been studying all my life theatre, music and jazz-funky. We don’t want to be famous, we just want people to appreciate our music.

19. If you could wish for one thing what would it be?
Be well known world wide and be able to live all our lives working with D'NASH

20. All: do you have any nicknames between yourselves?

Not really we call ourselves Basty, Javi and Mikel.

21. All: how does it feel to know you have lots of UK fans? now that you know this, would you consider to have a concert here?
We hope to go to UK soon, we would love to do a concert over there. Unfortunately we can’t decide ourselves, but we know our record company is working hard to take us soon over there.

Last edited by Monikute on Sat 22 Aug 2009, 11:39; edited 1 time in total
Monikute
Monikute
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Mikel interview for UK magazine Empty Re: Mikel interview for UK magazine

Post  Kamila Sun 12 Jul 2009, 17:56

Thanks for the posting here Smile
Kamila
Kamila

Back to top Go down

Mikel interview for UK magazine Empty Re: Mikel interview for UK magazine